About Me

My photo
My name is Will, and I play bass for Breckenwood. You can check out our rough demos at http://www.facebook.com/breckenwoodmusic.

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Villa Maria Battle of the Bands

So, last night was the BotB at Villa Maria in Buffalo, New York. I had to miss the first 2 bands because I was taking an Organic Chemistry test, but all the bands I heard we're great. Congratulations to Pig Rectum for taking first place last night! Although it is agreed on that it wasn't nearly a good show for us, it was a milestone. We were able to "unveil" Nick as our new guitarist in his first electric show. We also got to set up behind a curtain for the first time, so emerging from behind it while playing was pretty cool. We played four songs, and ended up 5 minutes short, which we didn't have anything else planned. We also performed Common Fool for the first time, which was really rough. Nick started out and when the rest of the band came in, were off. The rest of the song was iffy at best, with a very rough interlude. The drums weren't with the band, I forgot the chord progression and Nick wasn't comfortable, all of which contributed to a less than perfect performance. The people were really friendly and helped make sure the show ran smooth. Hopefully I can get some pics uploaded soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers