About Me

My photo
My name is Will, and I play bass for Breckenwood. You can check out our rough demos at http://www.facebook.com/breckenwoodmusic.

Blog Archive

Monday, June 13, 2011

Breckenwood "Tour"

Man its been a while since I last posted on here, so I have a lot of updates, so bear with me. First, let's start with New York City. Nick, Garrett, Lindsey and I made the trek to the Big Apple two weeks ago now, leaving at about 3 in the morning and only getting real sleep at about 1 AM the next night. The drive was uneventful, though we did get to see a lot of cool things, such as Mark Twain's burial site. First thing we did once we got into New Jersey was check into the hotel and unload and shower. We then grabbed our gear for the rest of the day and took a train to the city. We stopped for dinner in China Town before taking the subway up to Bar East where we played an acoustic set after some GREAT acts. The first two acts were solo acoustic acts done by Jay Loftus and Oliver Ford before Kat Webb and her R&B band stepped onto the stage and played an impressive set fit for an upscale jazz club. We got on stage, and sadly by this time the whole crowd cept the remaining band had vanquished. We played a decent set considering the exhaustion and got a CD out of it. We left after our set and headed strait for the hotel where we listened to the live tracks before crashing.



The next morning we ate breakfast in the hotel and stopped by Hoboken, because Lindsey wanted to buy baked good from Carlos's Bakeshop, the place on the TV show The Cake Boss. Because we are poor musicians, we didn't have enough quarters to pay for the parking, so out came the guitars and tambourine right in front of the shop to earn some quarters. Because of this, we landed a little gig in front of a frozen yogurt shop a few blocks down where we were treated to free yogurt, pop and a place to perform for an hour. Then, we went shopping in Times Square for a bit where Garrett rocked out on a keytar. I touched my first Mark Hoppus signature bass and found the acoustic bass I would love to own in the future. Nick started looking into a pickup for his acoustic guitar, so we can improve the quality of our acoustic shows. We finished the planned part of the visit by going to dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp and stopping by the Build a Bear for Lindsey. As we were walking back to the car, we noticed it was gone, and had to go to the impound lot where Nick had to cough up almost $200 to get the car back. Almost immediately after leaving, we were pulled over again for now having the front license plate attached, even though the other officer said it was fine in the dashboard. Once that was finally done, a VERY pissed Garrett drove us out of the city where we stopped for gas and Nick and I took over the wheel, driving back to my house.

We crashed home at about 5:30 in the morning and awoke a little after noon to a storm which would have ruined our performance and the Relay for Life at General McLane High School. Fortunately it cleared up and we were able to go on only a little later than usual. We played what I heard was a solid set, despite not being able to hear any bass or vocals. It was nice to get out and perform for a good cause as well as see some of my friends again and sell some shirts to finance the trip back to Buffalo (because we were flat broke at this point). After the show, Garrett got sick so we headed back early and unpacked everything around ten that night. Going home after those three days was the nicest thing ever, though I would still absolutely LOVE life on the road for weeks at a time.

Now for some studio updates YAY! While in the hotel, I played the two tracks Aaron sent us to listen to and post online. You can listen to the teaser track here. Be sure to let us know what you think. Maybe I'll "accidentally" leak the whole song. We're still trying to find time for both Garrett and Cam to get into the studio together so Nick and I can get our parts recorded, so start nagging them to take off a day and go in for a few hours.



We also have great news. I guess Incite a Riot and JACT records both have lists of bands they want to put on tour, and we were one of three bands to appear on both lists. On July 10th, we will be performing a show produced by Riot and JACT in Cheektowaga at Club Reign, so we want everyone out there to come and support us so we can play the best possible show. July 7th, listen for Garrett, Cam and Nick to appear on WBNY radio station for a live performance and interview about the going ons in the band. I will be soaking the rays in Florida, or else I'd be in the studio as well.

I think that's all I have for right now, keep checking back for more information going on in the world of Breckenwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers