I was inspired to start this by the one and only Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 and +44. Here I'll keep tabs on my musical career and anything else I care to write about, though it'll probably end up being mostly music.
About Me
- Will F
- My name is Will, and I play bass for Breckenwood. You can check out our rough demos at http://www.facebook.com/breckenwoodmusic.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Buffalo Harbors Benefit Show
In a hidden gem of Buffalo, The Game Room on the 2nd floor of 700 Main Street was a great place to see. There was a giant Twister like floor design right in front of the stage with a 6 foot chess board on the floor complete with 1 foot tall pieces. Along the back wall were probably 15-20 old school arcade and pinball machines. This is definitely a cool place to check out. The people who work there were mad chill and easy to get along with. The stage itself was raised about 2-3 feet from the floor and had all kinds of cool lights and even a smoke machine. There were even local businesses representing themselves including the Liquid Energy Juice Bar. They had samples of wheat grass shots that were surprisingly good, so everyone should check it out. There was also a food station and a beer distributor, that I wasn't able to check out. The opening bands/acts were pretty good, but of course everything ran a little behind, but it was a very successful event for producer Andrew Stanek. Our set was quite good, despite Lambros not showing up. The crowd response seemed really good as we played a nice full set consisting of Rediscovery, The Middle, Emergency, Nothing Left to Prove, Are you Gonna be My Girl, Our Acoustic Song I cant remember the title of and ending with Loser of the Year. We then bullshitted a cover of All the Small Things due to the demand for an encore. After the second or third song though, Garrett cut open his finger again and was bleeding profusely all over the stage, his guitars and own hand, but he made it through. All in all, it ended up being a great night, and hopefully we will have some new video and audio posted online on our facebook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment